CRNS Related Funds
Full members of Circular Communities Scotland have access to and can apply for funding from the following programmes:
- ‘Pockets and Prospects’ In 2020, Circular Communities Scotland partnered with Scottish Community Alliance to distribute small grants to small organisations – our members who are working to make a difference in the most disadvantaged communities. We hope to have this fund available again later in the year.
- Community Learning Exchange – the Exchange will fund up to 100% of the costs of a visit by members of Circular Communities Scotland from one community to another community project, up to a limit of £750 including a host fee. Funded visits will enable learning through the exchange of ideas and sharing common solutions.
- Enterprise Accelerator – this “fund” provides consultancy support for enterprising community projects and social enterprises, helping them to move on and develop their idea or organisation.
CRNS Funding Advice
CRNS supports members with the following funding related member benefits:
- We hold a very popular Annual Funding Seminar in April each year. This event is free to full Circular Communities Scotland members, and open to non-members for a fee. With a range of speakers and one-to-one sessions with funders, advice and workshops, this aims to provide the tools and guidance specific to our sector.
- Our Policy and Funding update is sent to full members monthly with current funding opportunities and top tips on making applications. This publication also highlights funding successes from our members
Sources of Funding Information
There are many excellent sources of information about funding for community organisations and projects. Here are a few:
- Funding Scotland has a great website that you can search for specific funds for your project fundingscotland.com
- Scottish Council of Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) is an excellent source of advice and guidance including a step by step guide to finding funding
- Just Enterprise provides business advice and funding support for social enterprises
- Local authorities and your local third sector interface will have funding advice and/or funding officers. Many councils also have grant schemes for community and voluntary organisations.